New York City is definitely one of the most amazing places on earth, and even the most jaded citizen will agree that there is a lot to love about the city that never sleeps. Whether you were born there or decided to move there in search of your big break, New York City has a seemingly endless list of reasons for people of all backgrounds and interests to be proud to call it home.
Five of the Best Things about New York City
1) You Don’t Need a Car – The city’s public transportation is so well designed and operated that there is absolutely no reason to own a car if you live and work within the city limits. Not only will this save you a lot of time, but it will also enable you to be more physically active and environmentally conscious. According to www.personalinjurylawyersny.net, public transportation is also much safer than driving everywhere, so your chances of being in an accident are greatly reduced.
2) Cultural Opportunities – Nowhere else in the country will you have as many opportunities to enjoy the theater, live music or a world-class museum. At any given time in New York City there are hundreds of performances happening, ranging from long running Broadway shows such as Wicked all the way to a one man play being put on in a theater that seats 20 people.
3) Great Sports – New York City is a sports lover’s paradise because the metropolitan area is the home of nine professional teams. Regardless of which sport is your favorite, you will have easy access to professional sporting events. If you prefer sports that do not take place in front of tens of thousands of people, the city is also home to a diverse group of non-professional sports, including roller derby.
4) Shopping – Even if you do not typically enjoy shopping, it is impossible not to get caught up in the amazing mixture of chain and independent stores that fills the city. New Yorkers do everything on a large-scale, and the shopping opportunities are unparalleled. Even common chain store such as Toys “R” Us have embraced the New York City style of life. In fact, visitors to the 110,000 square foot Times Square Toys “R” Us can see a huge animatronic dinosaur and ride on a Ferris wheel.
5) Eclectic Mixture of Food – Practically everywhere you go in the city you will be met with dozens of food choices. You can grab a hot dog from a street vendor or go across the street and have a five course meal in a restaurant that has a waiting list that is several months long. This level of culinary diversity is unmatched throughout the U.S. and it ensures that everyone in the city will be able to find what they are looking for. Specialty restaurants, such as those that cater to vegans, are everywhere, as are basic diners that are sure to please almost anyone.
There is a reason that so many people refer to New York City as the greatest city on earth. Even with its high population rate and congested roads, the city provides the perfect backdrop to almost any lifestyle. Once you have experienced all of the things that set it apart from the rest of the country, it will be hard to imagine living anywhere other than New York City.
Anthony Joseph is a freelance writer, and a contributing author for www.personalinjurylawyersny.net. People receive injuries every single day, ranging from minor to serious. When these injuries are caused by another person or entity, the injured victims are entitled to seek damages from the party who was at fault in the incident.