The beauty of the experience of traveling to a place is accentuated, if your accommodation is worth your money and suits your taste. Traveling without a comfortable stay would hardly be as much fun as it is supposed to be. The hotel industry and all hoteliers aim to give you exactly this. If you want to indulge yourself with an exotic South African experience and have a great time where you stay, then read on. A list of great hotels in South Africa could help you choose where you would like to stay.
These are a few great hotels of South Africa that you should consider -
1. Jaci’s Tree Lodge: If you have a big family then this hotel could be the best choice for you. This is because it has 8 rooms that are all tree houses and are built around a giant Leadwood tree. Another aspect of the hotel is there outdoor jungle showers for those who want to come closer to nature. It is situated in a malaria free zone which also has abundant wildlife. Careful though, some of the wildlife wouldn’t think twice about eating you. So if you are looking for an experience close to nature this is where you should be.
2. Cape Grace Hotel: This is located on Cape Town’s Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. If you are all for luxury then here is where your heart will be at ease. It’s a luxurious hotel which provides you with excellent dining facilities. All other luxuries such as a spa, a whiskey bar and a pool are present for your comfort. However, if you not very keen on spending a lot then this opting will not be very comfortable for you.
3. The Palace of the Lost City: If luxury is all that you crave for then prepare for a royal treatment, when you come to this hotel. They provide unmatched five star services and is situated amidst sparkling streams and waterfalls.
4. The African Rock Hotel: This is a luxury hotel that is located at a distance of a 15 minute drive from the OR Tambo Johannesburg International airport. It is situated in a quite suburb where you get to be away from the arrival and departure flight paths but still close to the highway.
5. Thornwood: If you are an adventure lover then Thornwood is where you should be. This place gives you the opportunity to sleep in plush canopied beds not in your hotel room but in the wild African bush within Weavers Nature Park.
6. Cathedral Peak Hotel: For those who love activities this place offers full satisfaction. It offers games like golf, hiking, biking, swimming, tennis, squash and more.
7. Garonga Safari Camp: This is the perfect place for those on their honeymoon. It offers an intimate safari experience but still luxurious.
8. The Earth Lodge: This place is situated around a waterhole and offers are luxurious stay. You will have your private pool, a butler to attend you and an open air shower.
9. Table Bay hotel: The best thing about this place is its location. It overlooks the home of South Africa’s former president Nelson Mandela. You can see Cape Town attractions as well as the harbor from the comfort of your room. Mouth watering South African cuisines and regional wines available at the hotel are a delight for the food lovers.
10. The Mala Mala Main Camp: It is set on the banks of the sand river. You can dine under the stars around a bonfire. The best thing about this place is that you can enjoy world-class game drives during the day.
Emily is attached to ‘Discussion of the day’. She focuses on different Travel destinations in the world & also writes on Sports, Finance, Entertainment, Gadgets, Shopping subjects.