op 5 Retirement Communities in Chicago
You’re moving to the windy city and have your life coming with you; this could be your kids, significant other, or the responsibilities of a new job. Your parents or parents-in-law may be coming with you, and it may be too difficult to accommodate with your new life circumstances. There are some wonderful urban senior living communities in Chicago that place your elderly loved ones right in the middle of the action of the city, while being a safe retreat, and a place to make new friends. Here are some of the best senior communities that Chicago has to offer.
- The Hallmark offers Independent Living and Personalized Assisted Living options for seniors. It is located right in the heart of downtown Chicago on Lake Shore Drive. Its location makes it convenient for shopping, museums, restaurants, and shows. Within the community there is so much to do. The community offers both casual and elegant dining, a club room with a bar, specially designed for seniors fitness room, and so much more.
- Bethany Retirement Community is touted as “Chicago’s Best Kept Secret” in retirement living. Bethany is next to Methodist Hospital which can offer residents round the clock medical care while giving them their independence. Weekly activities include movie nights, shopping trips, nondenominational worship services, exercise classes, guest entertainers and many other activity programs.
- The Senior Suites of Bridgeport represents the Bridgeport community with its brick and limestone building which is representative of the neighborhood. The Senior Suits of Bridgeport offers on-site parking, secured entry systems, elevators are there for your piece of mind. Amenities included in the monthly rent are complimentary laundry rooms with washers and dryers, monthly housekeeping, and regularly scheduled shuttles to shopping.
- Autumn Green at Midway Village is a hospitality centered community. Some of its extensive amenities include, gourmet meals each day, bi-monthly housekeeping, scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments, staff available 24-hours a day, and they welcome pets. They offer a rich wellness program called Wellness Everyday™ to promote social, emotional spiritual and physical health.
- Sedgebrook are stunning, stylish, manageable senior apartment homes. They provide a long list of services and amenities to their residents which make their homes seem like a lifelong vacation. Their services include, a library, beauty salon and barber shop, computer lab/free internet access, fitness center/pool/hot tub, creative arts studio, worship center, wood/hobby shop, billiards and game room, gardening, indoor parking, nature walking trails, dog park, convenience market, bank/24-hour ATM, and guest suite. This list just scratches the surface to what this exciting community has to offer.
Posted by abbott
on March 5, 2012. Filed under Home
, The List
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Both comments and pings are currently closed.